We have a couple of different ways in which we insure that parents and carers are informed at all times as to the Academy's activities. You can download the Xpressions app on your smart phone, browse the letters home below, and also receive the weekly parent and carer bulletins which are sent via the Xpressions app and are always published in the news section of the BACA website.
Groupcall Xpressions Smartphone App
Groupcall Xpressions App Available Now - Parental Access to Student Information. View your child’s information on your mobile phone.
Parents can now receive information from the Academy in an easier more effective way. Groupcall’s Xpressions app is a new service created by the school communication company Groupcall.
The app is completely free to you and can be installed on your mobile phone or tablet. It currently supports both Apple iOS and Android devices (with Windows mobile to follow). You’ll be able to see information about your children that BACA publishes. Initially this will be attendance data, achievement information and letters home and will grow to eventually include behaviour data.
What will it show me?
Once installed and set up you will be able to see the following information and messages sent by the school delivered directly to the app, and you can also reply to selected messages free of charge.
- Attendance records and absences
- School Term Calendar
- Achievement records
- Behaviour events - coming soon.
What do I need to do now?
Download the Groupcall Xpressions App to your smartphone or tablet.
- Use the email address you registered with the school to login.
- Enter the mobile phone number you have registered with the school.
- A verification code will be sent to your mobile phone.
- Enter the verification code when prompted by the App.
- Setup your own password.
I can’t log on still
If you have a problem logging in, please first check that the school has your correct email/mobile number on record.
If not, please email contact information to email@example.com. You’ll need to make sure you keep these details up to date in future to maintain access to the service.
If you still cannot login, or encounter any other issues, contact the dedicated Parent Support Team at
- Y7 New Academy Year Letter August 2018 (0.17 MB)
- Y8 to 11 New Academy Year Letter August 2018 (0.18 MB)
- Diversity Week 2018 (0.13 MB)
- Year 10 11 Information Pack 1 (0.42 MB)
- last letter Prom 2018 (0.14 MB)
- Letters from Mr Speight and Mrs Tremble (1.05 MB)
- Change to Behaviour System 2017 2018 (0.44 MB)
- Exam Timetable 2017 2018 (0.12 MB)
- After School Club Calendar 2017 2018 Term 1and2 (0.64 MB)
- Curriculum Map 2017 2018 (0.17 MB)
Academic Year 2016/2017
- End of Year Parent Carer Ltr 21 07 2017 (0.13 MB)
- BACA school day changes 2017 18 (0.16 MB)
- Uniform Price ChangeSEPT Letter Jan 2017 (0.11 MB)
- Show My Homework Parents LetterPDF (0.25 MB)
- Attendance Letter to Parents February 2017 (0.33 MB)
- BIMMLetter10 01 2017 dotx 1 (0.10 MB)
- Ofsted 2016 ParentCarer Letter (0.08 MB)
- Ofsted 2016 Student Letter (0.08 MB)
Academic Year 2015/2016
- Principal Mr Dylan Davies Ofsted Inspection Letter to Parent Carers (0.23 MB)
- Inspection of Brighton Aldridge Community Academy by Ofsted (0.29 MB)
- Parent CarerMATLtrNov16 (0.22 MB)
- Stike letter 05 07 16 (0.21 MB)
- Consultation for Changes to School Day (0.22 MB)
- 2016 BACA Welcome letter (0.11 MB)
- Year 11 half term revision letter 12 02 16 (0.11 MB)
- Parent Carer Letter Behaviour Policy 11 02 2016 (0.24 MB)
- BACA Bulletin Winter 2016 (3.46 MB)
- BACA Bulletin Autumn 2015 (5.03 MB)
- 2015.10 Uniform Price Change letter (0.19 MB)
- Year 11 Additional Support Wednesday letter 19.10.2015 (0.20 MB)
- BACA Bulletin Summer 2015 (3.68 MB)
- BACA Bulletin Spring 2015 (4.72 MB)
- BACA Bulletin Autumn 2014 (2.39 MB)
- BACA Bulletin Winter Edition (4.10 MB)
- Christmas End of Term Arrangements Dec 14 (0.20 MB)
- Newsletter May 2014 (1.05 MB)
- End of Year letter from Principal 2014 (0.36 MB)
- April Newsletter 2014 (1.37 MB)
- Parent Carer Letter April 2014 (0.20 MB)
- Student Council Newsletter April 2014 (0.77 MB)