Health and Wellbeing
Health services at BACA:
A number of first-aid trained staff are on site during school hours should students have a health problem or concern.
Additionally, a drop-in health clinic is offered for BACA students every Tuesday, during first break.
- Students in years 9-11 can access the drop in clinic for sexual health advice including; c-cards, condoms, pregnancy and chlamydia testing.
- Students in all year groups can stop by the Health Stand outside the clinic for general health advice.
School nursing is provided through the Brighton and Hove Schools and Community Service. The drop-in clinic at BACA is run jointly between School Nursing and the Youth Collective. You can find out more about the school nursing services provided for students and families online or by calling 01273 294530. Anyone can access these services for a variety of health needs or questions.
Immunisations - Immunisations are delivered by a specialist immunisation team. Currently year 8 girls are offered the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccination, and in year 10 all young people are offered a school leaver booster (diphtheria, tetanus and polio) and Meningitis ACWY.
Dentists - If your family does not have a dentist please call the dental health line for dental advice and assistance on 03001 000899.
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) - Find out more on the council’s website, or call the East Brighton team on 01273 293481.
- Black and Minority Ethnic Group: Black and Minority ethnic Young People’s Project (BMEYPP)
- Black and Mixed-parentage: Mosaic
- Bullying: Bullying in Schools
- Counselling: ChildLine
- Counselling: e-motion
- Domestic Abuse: Rise
- Drugs Advice: Frank
- Drugs and Alcohol: Think Drink Drugs
- Gender Identity: All sorts
- Health and Nutrition: Mend
- Mental Health: Young Minds
- Positive Parenting: Triple P
- Projects and Services for young people: Where to go For
- Sexual Exploitation: The Wise Project
- Sexual Health: Brighton & Hove Sexual Health and Contraception Service
- Special Education Needs: Youth Service
- Special Education Needs: Amaze
- Substance Misuse: ru-ok?
- Young Carers: Carers Centre
If you have any further questions, concerns or are looking for Health and Wellbeing advice please contact BACA on 01273 691 191 and ask to speak with Christine Brady.