Aldridge Football Academy Year 9 Footballers Played at the Surrenden Cup
It was a hot afternoon at Dorothy Stinger for the Surrenden Cup Tournament, organized by Lloyd Hooper at Varndean School, and there were 11 teams playing for victory. It was an afternoon event and the results were good for both schools, but more importantly the Aldridge Football Academy students behaved beautifully. The Academy had one BACA team and two PACA teams (first and second) in the Tournament.
Paul Dollner, Director of Football for the Aldridge Football Academy, said, “I was pleased and proud to take the three teams to the tournament.” The students conducted themselves very professionally and represented their schools and teams with pride. All of the Aldridge Football Academy students supported their BACA and PACA contemporaries while they played.
Results were as follows;
- PACA 1s = Lost to Patcham 1s – eventual winners - 2/0. Lost to Varndean 1s - 1/0. Beat stringer 2s 1/0 and lost to Longhill 2s – 1/0
- PACA 2s = Lost all their games 1/0. Played Stringer 1s / Varndean 2s / Longhill 1s. Lost to BACA 4/0
- BACA = Beat Longhill 1s – 3/1. Beat Varndean 2s – 1/0. Beat Stringer 1s – 2/1 and beat PACA 2s 4/0
- PACA 1s played Longhill 1s and final score was 1/1 but lost 4/3 on penalties – 7thand 8th place
- PACA 2s played Longhill 2s and final score was 2/2 but lost also on penalties - 3/2 – 9thand 10th place
- BACA lost 1/0 to stringer 2s in semifinal but went on to beat stringer 1s in 3rdand 4th play off 4/0