BACA gives your child a wide range of experiences in the form of academic lessons, educational trips and clubs. The more your child is in the Academy the more they increase their opportunity to fulfil their potential. School can also help your child’s social skills, such as making and keeping friendships. A regular and punctual attendance pattern will help your child when they enter the world of work.
We now hold an Attendance Lottery every Wednesday afternoon at BACA. All students are entered into the draw with one name chosen at random each week. The student who is chosen must have had 100% attendance for the previous week in order to claim their prize.
Each week a £10 Love to Shop voucher is up for grabs. prizes not claimed roll over to the following week. Learn more about the Attendance Lottery!!
The links between attendance and attainment are clear. Regular attendance means your child can make the most of their education, improving their chances in adult life. In order to achieve their full potential we expect all BACA students to maintain attendance of at least 97%.
Parents/Carers can help by:
- Ensuring contact information (addresses and telephone numbers) is kept up to date
- Ensuring your child arrives at the Academy on time (before 8.25am), properly dressed and prepared for learning
- Contacting the Attendance Office on the first and any subsequent days of absence stating the reason for the absence and when your child is likely to return
- Where possible, providing medical evidence for any illness – this will be required if your child’s attendance falls below 90%
- Where possible, please try to arrange medical and dental appointments out of school hours. If this is not possible, your child should only be out of school for the minimum amount of time necessary for the appointment.
For more information download:
Fixed Penalty Notices - Guide for Parents/Carers
You can find information on school attendance provided by Brighton and Hove City Council below:
Brighton & Hove City Council Fixed Penalty Notices - for school attendance
Fixed Penalty Notices - flyer
If you have any difficulty meeting these targets or would like any further information about school attendance please contact our Education Welfare Officer on 01273 645 109.